BMWs are among the best car brands in the world. These automobiles are among the finest you can see on the streets, with a level of craftsmanship that is only matched by a few. Keeping your BMW in top shape is crucial to get the most out of it. This means you have to follow a regular maintenance and service schedule. Also, you must have any problem fixed right away. What is the better option if you are in need of BMW services? Should you stick with a BMW Service Centre or should you go for a local car servicing workshop? This comparison will try to uncover the answers.
BMW Services at BMW Service Centre
A strong case can be made that going for service centres is still your best option if you are looking to have your car serviced. Whether you own a brand-new BMW or a classic model, a daily driver or a collector’s item, there are real advantages of availing BMW services from a certified service centre. Here is a list of some of the best ones.
Guaranteed genuine parts
– It is important that you get parts that fit your car. Of course, no other parts fit best than the ones issued by the factory for your specific car. This is one of the advantages of having repairs done by the service centre. Not only do they have stocks of even the rarest genuine parts, but they are basically obligated to supply the right parts for cars entering their service bays.
Employs specialist mechanics
– Service centres authorized by car companies employ some of the best mechanics available. Mechanics employed in a BMW Service Centre are specially trained in handling BMW cars. In fact, the factory even gives them special training for that! They are groomed to handle even the most complex BMW-related issues. You are basically assured that the mechanics in service centres know what they are doing.
Can perform more complicated tasks
– Service centres are able to manage the more difficult jobs for many reasons. They have mechanics and other experts who are well-versed in handling BMWs. Also, they have at their disposal an arsenal of spare parts and equipment. For example, a service centre can better deal with complex issues such as re-dialing and installing rare and complex parts. They have all the means to get even the most complicated BMW-related problems right.
Detailed service history
– You cannot underestimate the role of a detailed service history in maintaining a car. Service centres keep a detailed record of all the work that has been done in your car over the years. The car’s history can be accessed at any time, and gives the maintenance team a better picture on what should be done for your car.
Keeps your warranty intact
– This is perhaps the most compelling reason you should have your maintenance and repair done at a BMW service centre. This is because it keeps your warranty intact. You won’t have to worry about any extra costs; you get a discount anyway because of the warranty. For new car owners, it’s a major incentive to stick to service centres for BMW services.
BMW Servicing at Local Car Servicing Workshop
While there are unique advantages in having your BMW serviced at an authorized service centre, going for a local car servicing workshop with experience in providing services for BMWs can be a great option as well. In many ways, they provide a more than competent alternative to service centre. Here are some of the advantages you can get from getting service from a local car servicing workshop.
More affordable service prices
– One of the biggest disadvantages of going for service centres is the cost of availing BMW services. This is understandable to some degree; you are basically paying for the brand of service BMW provides. Generally speaking, local workshops charge less in labor costs compared to service centres. An independent repair shop can provide you with high-quality service at a fraction of the price.
Faster turnaround time
– When you have your car serviced at a BMW facility, your car may stay there for a long time, depending on the length of the waitlist. If you have your car fixed at the workshop, it’s possible that you can get it back on the road faster. Waitlists for independent service centres tend to be shorter than those sponsored by the factory.
Great for routine maintenance and repair jobs
– Local workshops are your best options for doing routine maintenance jobs that you can’t do yourself. They can competently perform tasks such as routine checkups, oil changes, and filter replacements. They can also do some minor repairs without voiding your warranty if necessary. You can save a ton of money in maintenance costs with their help.
Some workshop guys have solid track records
– A lot of independent mechanics and repair shops gain a strong reputation due to recommendations of satisfied customers. As such, an independent BMW mechanic may earn a lot of clients for providing no less than competent services. To be sure, look for both recommendations from BMW owners as well as requisite certifications.
More personalized service
– Some independent specialists earn a name for themselves for more than just their stellar BMW services. Beyond their expertise, they also provide a more personalized approach to servicing your car. Beyond taking note of your vehicle history, a lot of these servicemen are actually passionate about their job (and your car). More than getting great service, you’re more likely to have a great conversation with these mechanics.
So if you have to choose between the two, which one is the better option? A BMW service centre is the better choice for handling major car repairs and for handling tasks that are covered by your warranty. They also have better access to BMW-specific tech and training. On the flip side, a local BMW workshop can do jobs quicker and at a lower price, often with little to no drop-off in workmanship. Either approach can be good when you’re in need for BMW services. It all depends on factors such as your budget, the task needed to be done, and the car model you own.