Import cars are well-loved for its unique design and performance. Brands like Mercedes Benz, Rolls Royce, Ferrari, Porsche and BMW are popular for their fine engineering and luxurious car models. There are many reasons why you should go to a BMW specialist instead of a normal car workshop. The electrical architecture of BMW cars has changed and the same thing can be said for the equipment used to service these vehicles. Due to these changes, many BMW owners are no longer capable of fixing the car on their own. When you are experiencing problems with your BMW, you should look for a BMW technician who can do all aspects of repair including diagnostics, servicing and maintenance.
What a BMW Specialist Can Do
A BMW specialist can perform diagnostics, general repair and servicing on all BMW according to the conditions set by BMW for every model. They are trained, skilled and qualified professionals who can do a comprehensive safety check on your car and report other issues that require attention. BMW technicians have the equipment, experience and skills to carry out everything from minor repair work to total engine overhaul. They use only genuine BMW parts, fluids and tools to conduct repairs. Some of the most common services offered by BMW technicians include:
- BMW Condition Based Service
- ECU Coding & Programming
- Change Engine Oil and Filter
- Wheel Alignment
- Inflation Pressure Correction
- Lighting System Assessment
- Road Safety Check (Test Drive)
- Spark Plugs Replacement
- Brake Lines and Connection Assessment
- Service Display Reset in accordance with BMW’s Specifications
- Battery Check & Recharge
- Air Conditioning Repair & Servicing
- Arranging MOTs
BMW technicians can handle insurance and warranty work on your behalf to help you save time. They can also service your car while you wait, so you can monitor their progress and see what is being done to your vehicle.
How to Find the Right BMW Specialist
Many people find it hard to locate the right BMW technician. “Specialist” companies claim to provide a great service, but can’t really fulfill their promises. Import car brands have their own recommended car repair specialist or center. You can search the internet for repair shops and dealerships near you. However, dealerships and repair shops tend to charge high prices for their services. The best way to get your car fixed or serviced is to look for a reputable BMW specialist in your area.
Most BMW technicians provide free online quotes for the services they offer, so you can compare their services and prices before choosing one. Don’t forget to compare the experience or years that they have been in business. You can also check the specialist’s reputation on review sites. These websites are a good resource for honest reviews on BMW technicians near you. This will help you choose the right specialist who offers excellent services at great prices. As a car owner, you want your vehicle to be in good condition at all times. With some research, you should be able to find the most qualified BMW technician who can fix your car.
BMW is known for producing some of the best cars on the planet. Living up to their moniker as the “ultimate driving machine”, BMWs have always been very satisfying to drive. This tradition is present in their classic models, and is still very much prevalent in their cars today. One of the best ways to preserve the awesomeness of these rides is to follow proper maintenance schedules and to make repairs whenever necessary. A key to a successful maintenance and repair regimen is to find the right BMW specialist. Here are some tips you can use to find the best service shops available.
Ways to Find A BMW Specialist
- Do a search – Finding the best BMW mechanics out there is not going to be easy. You have to do your homework. The first step in your search is to do a general search for mechanics that specialize in working on BMWs. While you can always try out any repair shop, a garage specializing in BMW is more likely to have the requisite tools and skills to work on your car. Checking out classified ads, searching on the internet, and looking around local shops will give you a number of results. There are many competent BMW servicing experts out there. Sometimes, all you have to do is to look. You can always narrow down your list later on.
- Ask for recommendations – Another way to find a mechanic that specializes in BMWs is to ask for recommendations. You can start off with family and friends, especially those who own BMWs themselves. These people have a repair shop that they trust for both maintenance and repairs. Ask them what service shops they go with and if they can be recommended for you. You can also ask about other details of their work such as the kinds of jobs they specialize in, their usual turnover time for maintenance and repairs, etc.
- Look at car forums and clubs – Car forums and clubs are among the most reliable sources of information if you have questions related to your car. It will be nice if you become a member of a local and/or national group of BMW enthusiasts. These forums and clubs often have a list of certified BMW servicing shops, with a handful of those being highly recommended by the community. Forums and clubs are always a valuable source of information and ideas. Plus, it is always nice to belong in a group where you share the same passion with.
- Check their track record – It is important that you check the background of a prospective BMW specialist you’re intending to work with. Not all mechanics are made equal. Aside from their qualifications (more on this later), you also get to check about their reputation. Most mechanics gain their fame via word of mouth. If they are doing a good job, you’ll most likely hear about it, either from their satisfied clients themselves or from online testimonials. If they have a good reputation in their craft, there’s a good chance that they’ll do just fine working with your car.
- Make sure they are certified and registered – It is important to make sure that a shop has the necessary competencies to work with your car. It all starts with 2 things: certification and registration. Mechanics employed in the workshop should be certified. A valid certification is the best evidence of them being trained in their craft. It would be even better if they are certified BMW specialists. Also, the operations of the shop should be certified by the proper authorities. Being certified is more than just proof of competence, it’s also a safety net for you should something wrong happens.
- Talk to the mechanic – Before taking your car to the shop, it is considered SOP to talk with the mechanic first. You can sense the legitimacy of the mechanic with the way they talk and how they answer your questions. Ask questions about important matters such as their fields of expertise, their work experience, and the jobs they specialize in. Also, ask them where they source their parts and if they have warranties for their work. Lastly, let them elaborate how much their labor rates are. The more information you get, the more it can help you in making a choice.
- Check how they work – Once you’ve picked a BMW servicing facility, observe how they handle the job. Ideally, the first time you work with a new mechanic, it should be just a minor/routine job such as an oil change or a filter replacement. Observe how they approach the task at their workshop. Are they following proper work decorum? Are they using the right parts or products? Also, check the rates they charge you. If something is amiss in any of these factors, you might have to think twice before giving them a second chance. After all, if they are already ripping you off in a minor job, what more if something major happens?
- Develop rapport with a specialist – Once you find a BMW specialist that you can trust, make sure to build rapport with them. It is actually more recommended that you stick with a single garage/mechanic for all your maintenance and repair needs. This is important for better documentation of your service history. Also, the more familiar your mechanic is with your car, the better they can perform their tasks in keeping your car in top form. Over time, mechanics even give special treatment and discounts to their most loyal clients. Develop rapport with your specialist and you’ll get the best service there is.
Finding the right mechanic to work on your car/s is not easy. However, finding the right one will greatly help you expand the lifespan of your car and drastically decrease your headaches every time you need to have work in your car. Use the tips found in this guide to find the best BMW servicing facility near you. Surely it will take some time and effort, but nailing this will prove to be a major life-saver.