Import cars are well-loved for its unique design and performance. Brands like Mercedes Benz, Rolls Royce, Ferrari, Porsche and BMW are popular for their fine engineering and luxurious car models. There are many reasons why you should go to a BMW specialist instead of a normal car workshop. The electrical architecture of BMW cars has changed and the same thing can be said for the equipment used to service these vehicles. Due to these changes, many BMW owners are no longer capable of fixing the car on their own. When you are experiencing problems with your BMW, you should look for a BMW technician who can do all aspects of repair including diagnostics, servicing and maintenance.
What a BMW Specialist Can Do
A BMW specialist can perform diagnostics, general repair and servicing on all BMW according to the conditions set by BMW for every model. They are trained, skilled and qualified professionals who can do a comprehensive safety check on your car and report other issues that require attention. BMW technicians have the equipment, experience and skills to carry out everything from minor repair work to total engine overhaul. They use only genuine BMW parts, fluids and tools to conduct repairs. Some of the most common services offered by BMW technicians include:
- BMW Condition Based Service
- ECU Coding & Programming
- Change Engine Oil and Filter
- Wheel Alignment
- Inflation Pressure Correction
- Lighting System Assessment
- Road Safety Check (Test Drive)
- Spark Plugs Replacement
- Brake Lines and Connection Assessment
- Service Display Reset in accordance with BMW’s Specifications
- Battery Check & Recharge
- Air Conditioning Repair & Servicing
- Arranging MOTs
BMW technicians can handle insurance and warranty work on your behalf to help you save time. They can also service your car while you wait, so you can monitor their progress and see what is being done to your vehicle.
How to Find the Right BMW Specialist
Many people find it hard to locate the right BMW technician. “Specialist” companies claim to provide a great service, but can’t really fulfill their promises. Import car brands have their own recommended car repair specialist or center. You can search the internet for repair shops and dealerships near you. However, dealerships and repair shops tend to charge high prices for their services. The best way to get your car fixed or serviced is to look for a reputable BMW specialist in your area.
Most BMW technicians provide free online quotes for the services they offer, so you can compare their services and prices before choosing one. Don’t forget to compare the experience or years that they have been in business. You can also check the specialist’s reputation on review sites. These websites are a good resource for honest reviews on BMW technicians near you. This will help you choose the right specialist who offers excellent services at great prices. As a car owner, you want your vehicle to be in good condition at all times. With some research, you should be able to find the most qualified BMW technician who can fix your car.
Being able to drive your car is a great goal to some but a big responsibility too not only for your passenger, for your safety but your car as well. To be a good car owner, you must know how to take care of your car. What are the needed services to prolong its health and prevent it from damaged? The BMW Specialist along with its manufacturer cited two routine that is available for BMW car. This not only to prevent the parts from immature worn out but also for your safety on the road. The service varies according to your BMW model and the date it was produced. However, it is important for the driver or the car owner to understand the difference between the two-service program.
BMW Service maintenance program for the BMW cars:
The Scheduled Maintenance Service Program
So that you can protect the life of your BMW car you bought, the specialist and manufacturer bring out the scheduled maintenance. In this service program, your car will undergo check-up and inspection when it hits a specific time interval or a certain mileage. It is important here to know what is the model of your BMW car since the interval of the time is not the same for all models.
Your BMW car will get an opportunity to have an inspection on its brakes, wiper fluids, steering alignment. Other services such as change oil and oil filter are also available in scheduled maintenance service of BMW Service. The mechanic technician will also check the tire pressure, the rubber belts, and hoses.
The Condition Based Service Program
Ever seen how this work? Using the sensor and the algorithm program, it will collect information about the driving condition of the BMW car. And using this collected records of data, it will determine what needs a repair or upgrade in your car. According to most specialist, this service program is more economical and flexible as it is customized according to how the driver drives the car. The sensor together with the algorithm that works with it will automatically calculate the condition of the engine oil filter, the brake pads of the car, as well as if the coolant needs a replacement and others. But, this type of BMW Service program is only available for the latest BMW type or model.
When it comes to our investment, we must protect it, and this two-service program is not only important in keeping your safety, it will preserve the value of your car and prevent you from high-cost of repair.
The service maintenance programs for BMW cars too envisioned to protect the environment, that’s why if your car had undergone service maintenance program it will have low-emission rate. So, make sure your car has a routine maintenance to prolong its life, to save you from further extreme expenses on repair and most importantly to keep you safe and away from an accident.
BMWs are among the best car brands in the world. These automobiles are among the finest you can see on the streets, with a level of craftsmanship that is only matched by a few. Keeping your BMW in top shape is crucial to get the most out of it. This means you have to follow a regular maintenance and service schedule. Also, you must have any problem fixed right away. What is the better option if you are in need of BMW services? Should you stick with a BMW Service Centre or should you go for a local car servicing workshop? This comparison will try to uncover the answers.
BMW Services at BMW Service Centre
A strong case can be made that going for service centres is still your best option if you are looking to have your car serviced. Whether you own a brand-new BMW or a classic model, a daily driver or a collector’s item, there are real advantages of availing BMW services from a certified service centre. Here is a list of some of the best ones.
Guaranteed genuine parts
– It is important that you get parts that fit your car. Of course, no other parts fit best than the ones issued by the factory for your specific car. This is one of the advantages of having repairs done by the service centre. Not only do they have stocks of even the rarest genuine parts, but they are basically obligated to supply the right parts for cars entering their service bays.
Employs specialist mechanics
– Service centres authorized by car companies employ some of the best mechanics available. Mechanics employed in a BMW Service Centre are specially trained in handling BMW cars. In fact, the factory even gives them special training for that! They are groomed to handle even the most complex BMW-related issues. You are basically assured that the mechanics in service centres know what they are doing.
Can perform more complicated tasks
– Service centres are able to manage the more difficult jobs for many reasons. They have mechanics and other experts who are well-versed in handling BMWs. Also, they have at their disposal an arsenal of spare parts and equipment. For example, a service centre can better deal with complex issues such as re-dialing and installing rare and complex parts. They have all the means to get even the most complicated BMW-related problems right.
Detailed service history
– You cannot underestimate the role of a detailed service history in maintaining a car. Service centres keep a detailed record of all the work that has been done in your car over the years. The car’s history can be accessed at any time, and gives the maintenance team a better picture on what should be done for your car.
Keeps your warranty intact
– This is perhaps the most compelling reason you should have your maintenance and repair done at a BMW service centre. This is because it keeps your warranty intact. You won’t have to worry about any extra costs; you get a discount anyway because of the warranty. For new car owners, it’s a major incentive to stick to service centres for BMW services.
BMW Servicing at Local Car Servicing Workshop
While there are unique advantages in having your BMW serviced at an authorized service centre, going for a local car servicing workshop with experience in providing services for BMWs can be a great option as well. In many ways, they provide a more than competent alternative to service centre. Here are some of the advantages you can get from getting service from a local car servicing workshop.
More affordable service prices
– One of the biggest disadvantages of going for service centres is the cost of availing BMW services. This is understandable to some degree; you are basically paying for the brand of service BMW provides. Generally speaking, local workshops charge less in labor costs compared to service centres. An independent repair shop can provide you with high-quality service at a fraction of the price.
Faster turnaround time
– When you have your car serviced at a BMW facility, your car may stay there for a long time, depending on the length of the waitlist. If you have your car fixed at the workshop, it’s possible that you can get it back on the road faster. Waitlists for independent service centres tend to be shorter than those sponsored by the factory.
Great for routine maintenance and repair jobs
– Local workshops are your best options for doing routine maintenance jobs that you can’t do yourself. They can competently perform tasks such as routine checkups, oil changes, and filter replacements. They can also do some minor repairs without voiding your warranty if necessary. You can save a ton of money in maintenance costs with their help.
Some workshop guys have solid track records
– A lot of independent mechanics and repair shops gain a strong reputation due to recommendations of satisfied customers. As such, an independent BMW mechanic may earn a lot of clients for providing no less than competent services. To be sure, look for both recommendations from BMW owners as well as requisite certifications.
More personalized service
– Some independent specialists earn a name for themselves for more than just their stellar BMW services. Beyond their expertise, they also provide a more personalized approach to servicing your car. Beyond taking note of your vehicle history, a lot of these servicemen are actually passionate about their job (and your car). More than getting great service, you’re more likely to have a great conversation with these mechanics.
So if you have to choose between the two, which one is the better option? A BMW service centre is the better choice for handling major car repairs and for handling tasks that are covered by your warranty. They also have better access to BMW-specific tech and training. On the flip side, a local BMW workshop can do jobs quicker and at a lower price, often with little to no drop-off in workmanship. Either approach can be good when you’re in need for BMW services. It all depends on factors such as your budget, the task needed to be done, and the car model you own.